Hilton’s Collection Brands are On the Rise, At Home and Abroad
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton's collection brands continue to gain momentum across the U.S. and globally, with more than a dozen properties today announced to join Curio Collection by Hilton and Tapestry Collection by Hilton.
"We are excited to add these outstanding hotels in dynamic locales, accelerating our efforts to build our authentic collection brands wherever there are market opportunities," said Mark Nogal, global head, Curio Collection by Hilton and Tapestry Collection by Hilton. "The expansion of our collection brands are enabling more travelers to enjoy the originality of independent hotels, while experiencing Hilton's renowned hospitality and the benefits of our award-winning Hilton Honors loyalty program."
Curio Collection, a global portfolio of upper upscale independent hotels and resorts founded in 2014, announces signings with nine properties in Minnesota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Belize, China, Costa Rica, France and the United Kingdom - with more than half of the properties in markets outside the United States. Curio Collection is comprised of more than 35 upper upscale hotels in eight countries with another 47 in the development pipeline.
Tapestry Collection, a gathering of original, upscale and independent hotels founded earlier this year, announces signings in Indiana, Tennessee and Virginia, following the recent launch of a youth-centric partnership with Youth Service America (YSA) and the conversion of its first property - Hotel Skyler Syracuse (New York). The Tapestry Collection and YSA alliance complements Hilton's Open Doors commitment, which has impacted more than 550,000 young people with a pledge to reach 1 million youth by 2019. Specific and unique details of the signed properties, by collection brand and location, are as follows:
- Curio Collection (U.S.)
- The Marquette - an elegant, newly renovated hotel rising high above the heart of downtown's financial and entertainment districts allows travelers to discover all Minneapolis, Minnesota, has to offer, being a short walk to US Bank Stadium, the Target Center, Hennepin Theatre District and the Mississippi River Front (joining Curio Collection in Q2 2017).
- The Central Station Memphis - a 103-year-old train station in the South Main District of Memphis, Tennessee, is being converted into a 130-room hotel with restaurants and retail space to offer independent-minded travelers a truly, unique experience (Q4 2018).
- Tulsa Club Hotel - an historic, Art Deco-designed, 11-story building in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma, is being converted into a distinct and memorable 98-room hotel, featuring a rooftop restaurant/bar and restored events ballroom (Q4 2018).
- Curio Collection (International)
- The Trafalgar St. James London - a completely transformed 131-room hotel on the south side of London's world-famous Trafalgar Square will bring a new level of excitement, vibrancy and sense of discovery with fine dining, a year-round rooftop space and a private lounge (Q3 2017).
- Grand Hotel des Sablettes Plage - a reimagined historic hotel with three distinct dining offerings in the South of France overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and direct access to Les Sablettes private beach and the charming shops and restaurants of Promenade Jean Charcot (Q3 2017).
- The Resort at Mahogany Bay Village - a chic, 60-acre resort destination on Ambergris Caye in San Pedro, Belize, features 305 cottage- and villa-style rooms and convenient access to watersports, white sand beaches and, rainforests (Q3 2017).
- Niepce Paris - a row of 19th century three-story townhouses on Rue Niepce in Paris' 14th arrondissement are undergoing a multi-million dollar conversion into a 52-guestroom hotel, with photography-inspired décor and a destination restaurant (Q3 2017).
- Gran Hotel Costa Rica - a historic, downtown gem on the pedestrian boulevard Avenida Central in the capital city of San Jose, the iconic hotel overlooks the National Theatre and is steps from the Pre-Columbian Gold museum, cafés, shops and other top attractions (Q3 2017).
- Xiamen - is located by the beach on island Zengcuoan with picturesque, elegant environment, a strong artistic atmosphere and convenient access to key tourist/ commercial destinations. Zengzuoan is the island - one of the best-maintained, natural villages reflective of Minnan culture. Hotel will have 212 rooms, 1 F&B outlet and two MICE function rooms.
- Tapestry Collection (U.S.)
- Printing House Indianapolis - In the heart of downtown, the hotel will be a conversion of the historic Spink Hotel Building, originally built in 1916 to serve the nation's first Union Station. The hotel will feature 110 highly design-minded guest rooms with a mid-century feel, while still retaining the historic character of the one-of-a-kind building (Q4 2018).
- Printing House Nashville - the 181-room hotel will offer a decidedly modern take on Music City's charm and tradition, paying homage to the visual language of typography, and delighting in the history and evolution of the city's publishing industry. The centerpiece of the hotel is an elevated indoor/outdoor common area that will serve as Nashville's living room (Q4 2018).
- Hampton Marina Hotel - the 173-room riverfront hotel in downtown Hampton, Virginia, offers dramatic views of the Hampton River and Chesapeake Bay, an onsite brewery and nearby access to the Virginia Air & Space Center (Q1 2019).
- The Wilshaw Indianapolis - will anchor a 20-acre, mixed-use development near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, home to the Indianapolis 500 (Q1 2020).
"We are committed to growing our collection brands in the U.S., but also expanding our footprint in key markets for our guests around the world," said Ian Carter, president, global development, architecture, design and construction, Hilton. "Our strong ownership partners have been an important part of our success, and we thank them for helping deliver exceptional projects that both meet and exceed our brand standards."
Curio Collection and Tapestry Collection guests also stand to benefit from Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton's 14 world-class brands that serve an ever-growing footprint of more than 62 million members in 103 countries and territories. To receive instant access to the benefits they care about most - including exclusive discounts, free Wi-Fi, Digital Check-In and Hilton Honors Points towards free nights - guests are encouraged to join Hilton Honors and book directly through preferred Hilton channels.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,100 properties with nearly 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About Curio Collection by Hilton
Curio Collection by Hilton (curiocollection.com), launched in 2014, is a global portfolio of more than 40 remarkable, upper upscale hotels and resorts handpicked for their unique character and personality. Curio Collection properties appeal to travelers seeking one-of-a-kind discoveries and authentic experiences, all backed by Hilton and its award-winning Hilton Honors program. Read the latest Curio Collection stories at news.curiocollection.com, discover Curio Collection destinations through Cities by Curio itineraries at citiesbycurio.com and connect with the collection on facebook.com/curiocollection, instagram.com/curiocollection and twitter.com/curiocollection.
About Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Tapestry Collection by Hilton (tapestrycollection.com), launched in 2017, is a portfolio of original upscale hotels that caters to guests seeking reliability and value in their independent hotel choices, with each stay backed by the reassurance of the Hilton name and its award-winning Hilton Honors program. Learn more about Hilton’s newest brand at news.tapestrycollection.com and connect with Tapestry Collection by Hilton on facebook.com/tapestrycollection, instagram.com/tapestrycollection and twitter.com/tapestryhilton.